Meetings, Conferences and Venues in Wellington’s CBD
AREA is a spectacular custom-built facility in Wellington’s CBD that gives you state-of-the-art technology combined with the very latest in designer furnishings and surroundings.
AREA is pleased to be open under Level 2, and welcome our visitors for their small meetings and conferences. We have strict hygiene and cleaning standards in place and are pleased to share with you our new processes adhering to the highest standards available. The key highlights are:
- 1m physical distancing in conference rooms and 2m distancing for break out and public areas.
- Provision of clearly visible signs for customers and team, stating how many people are allowed in each conference room and break out areas.
- Cleaning and disinfectant of high touch surfaces regularly, including tables, door handles, switches, bathroom taps.
- Ensuring the highest hygiene practices among food handlers and operation team members.
- All catering will be organised in such a way to minimise food handling for participants.
- Sanitiser stations are provided in each meeting room as well as easy to complete secure online contact tracing registration (no app required), as per government guidelines.
- Ability to provide a complimentary breakout room for food and beverage requirements for larger sized groups with an ‘in’ and ‘out’ traffic flow.
- When there are multiple groups within the conference centre, we will ask each session to stage their breaks, so there are less people in the common areas.
AREA Events is conveniently located at 5 star Boulcott Suites, on the corner of Willis and Boulcott Streets. AREA is part of Village Accommodation Group and their Safe Place programme. More details can be found here.