- The client assumes responsibility for all damage caused by them or their guests, invitees, contractors or other people attending the function before, during or after, whether in the reception facility, accommodation or venue grounds. AREA reserves the right to charge accordingly to cover costs of engaging a specialist cleaner, or tradesman to carry out repairs or replacement to the premises, fixtures, fittings and/or chattels. This also applies to any china or glassware broken or removed by guest’s invitees or other people before, during, or after a function.
- General and normal cleaning is included in the cost of the hire charge, but additional charges may be payable if the function has created cleaning needs above and beyond normal cleaning.
- AREA will take all necessary care but cannot accept responsibility for damage or loss of Client’s property before, during or after a function.
- All due care will be taken by AREA for any gifts that are left in our charge until pick up by the Client or their representatives.
- All items belonging to the client used during an event should be picked up from AREA by 12pm of the following day of the function unless prior arrangement has been made.
- The client is responsible for conducting the function in an orderly manner, in full compliance with all hotel, local authority and New Zealand law requirements including normal noise control levels. We reserve the right to intervene if a function’s activities are considered illegal, noisy, dangerous or offensive.
- Only AREA employees are permitted in the back of house areas.
- No food or beverage of any kind will be permitted to be brought into or removed from AREA by the Client or any of the Client’s guests or invitees.
- AREA is fully licensed and as such the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and the Smoke Free Environments Act 1990 are enforced.
Billing and Payment
- Payments can be made by direct payment to ASB account number 12-3192-0021124-00, by MasterCard, Visa and American Express (credit card statements incur a 2% surcharge) or at our office by EFTPOS or cash. For Clients on invoice, payments must be paid in full by the 20th of the month following the event. The terms of your payment details are set out in this agreement and AREA as part of Village Accommodation Group retains the right to charge a 2% per month + GST (if applicable) to any outstanding amounts and pass on any costs incurred in recovering money owed. Customers will be liable, and shall pay all costs relating to collection fees incurred by the property enforcing its rights.
- Please note if there is a date change, original terms and conditions relating to dates still stand.
- The contract signatory is liable to pay all money due under this Agreement.
- It is requested that any changes or amendments made on the day of the function be authorised by the pre authorised signatory.
Catering and Final Delegate Numbers
- The final numbers attending, menu selection, beverage requirements, staffing levels and all other specific requirements are to be confirmed fourteen (14) working days prior to the event. This will be the guaranteed number.
- Increases up to 10% will be considered if 48 hours’ notice is given and room capacity has not been met, however no guarantee can be given to meet requests for increases. If an increase can be accommodated a late order charge of $50 will apply and food choices may not be identical to those on the original menu choice due to availability.
- It is your responsibility to notify us of final numbers and final numbers will be the minimum charged.
- Charges will be based on the guaranteed number or the actual number attending, whichever is the greater.
In the event of cancellation the following terms will apply:
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
Room Hire Cancellation Terms
- For functions cancelled sixty (60) days or less before the function date, the cancellation fee will be equal to 50% of the total estimated value of the room hire.
- Less than fourteen (14) days before the function date, the cancellation fee will be equal to 100% of the total estimated value of the room hire.
Catering Cancellation Terms
- Less than fourteen (14) days before the function date, the cancellation fee will be equal to 20% of the total estimated value of catering including food and beverage, staff costs and any equipment hire.